RCSN has tremendous expertise using our research-based and customer-centric approach to recruit and develop strong leaders.
The Executive Search & Recruiting team, led by Paul Wehner, is comprised of Search Consultants and Research Associates who aren’t just experienced, but passionate about finding top talent for RCSN’s clients.
RCSN’s Boundary Spanning Leadership Consulting services are led by Senior Partner, Donna Chrobot-Mason PhD, who helps organizations understand boundaries that hinder business performance, so better results can be achieved.
Her book (co-authored with Chris Ernst), “Boundary Spanning Leadership: Six Practices for Solving Problems,Driving Innovation, and Transforming Organizations,” was published by McGraw-Hill Professional in 2010. Since publishing this authoritative research conducted over ten (10) years, Donna has addressed numerous audiences including the Brookings Institute, FBI, EPA, IRS, Catholic Health Partners, and the International Leadership Association. She has also consulted with numerous organizations including Briggs and Stratton, Dayton Public Schools, Boehringer-Ingelheim, Emory University, Milacron, and Forest City Enterprises. One of her most influential engagements was to help lead the United States’ 15-month transition in Iraq from a military operation to a sustainable diplomatic role using the proven principles of working across boundaries.
Donna has published articles in such industry-renowned journals as the Journal of Management, Leadership Quarterly, International Journal of Human Resource Management, Journal of Organizational Behavior, and Group and Organization Management. She has served on the editorial review board for the Journal of Management, Personnel Psychology, and the Journal of Business and Psychology.
As an Executive Coach of mid to senior level leaders, Donna has “Lifetime Certification” to administer and interpret instruments in the 360 suite of measures developed and validated at the Center for Creative Leadership. She developed her coaching skills by training with the Center for Coaching Certification (an ICF accredited program).
Donna serves as an Associate Professor and Director of the Center for Organizational Leadership at the University of Cincinnati (UC), while also functioning as a Senior Partner with RCSN Leadership Services. Her focus is on leadership across differences and strategies for creating organizational practices, policies, and a climate that supports diversity and foster intergroup collaboration.
She holds a PhD and Master’s degree in Applied Psychology from the University of Georgia. Donna teaches Masters and PhD courses in leadership and diversity as well as undergraduate courses for the Organizational Leadership program at UC.
You want to contact Donna when your leadership needs focus on:
Individual Assessments and Executive Coaching
• Certified to use any of the Center for Creative Leadership’s (CCL) suite of 360 instruments
Employee perception surveys
• Over twenty years of experience administering and analyzing employee surveys (employee engagement, employee satisfaction, perceptions of leadership, etc.)
Organization/Team climate surveys
• Over twenty years of experience administering and analyzing climate surveys (overall climate, climate for diversity and inclusion, climate for learning, etc.)
• Fifteen years of experience gathering and analyzing qualitative employee data to inform decisions and implement change
• Experience working with clients restructuring roles and responsibilities (e.g., this often involves employee assessment, developing or revising job descriptions, team building, and the creation of a leadership development plan
Strategic planning and change
• Most recent clients have involved long-term collaborative consulting engagements with multiple data collection activities to inform a variety of change efforts
• Experience working with clients to design or redesign a comprehensive and long-term leadership development plan (e.g., 9-month leadership development program at the University of Cincinnati, Succession Planning at UDF)
• Extensive experience developing and delivering experiential workshops for a variety of clients and industries including topics such as leader development, collaboration, team building, diversity and inclusion, building effective networks, women’s leadership, and boundary spanning leadership